Members, Age Dependent on Program
Pilates is one of the most effective exercise methods for those looking to increase core strength, muscle tone, & flexibility, decrease body fat and improve posture & balance. Our program uses top of the line equipment to ensure effective and safe workouts. Training options include Pilates reformer, tower, chair, or mat. No matter which you choose, our instructors will help you meet your fitness goals.
The Benefits of Pilates
- Breathing: Breathing through the belly engages the core and increases muscle activation.
- Head & Cervical Placement: Aligning the head and neck in a neutral position prevents and decreases neck pain.
- Pelvic Placement: Tucking and releasing the pelvis keeps the low back in its natural curve to prevent and decrease low back pain.
- Rib Cage Placement: Lifting and squeezing the ribs activates the core and improves posture.
- Scapular Movement: Activating muscles through the mid back and shoulder prevents and decreases upper back and shoulder pain.
- Open to JCC Members
- Beginner through advanced level individuals are welcome
- Ongoing program. Members can purchase and begin at any time
- You must purchase a class card prior to joining a small group class
- All training can be purchased at Member Services
Small Group Training
• Classic Pilates Small Group Training
Classic Reformer, mat, chair, or tower exercises will give you a total body workout. All levels are welcome. Workouts can be customized to your interest.
• Restorative Small Group Reformer Training
Restorative Pilates Reformer has a special focus on posture, joint health, maintaining strength and maintaining motion.
You must purchase a Pilates class card prior to joining a small group class. Class cards are purchased at Member Services. Training is open to JCC Members, ages 16+. Call (402) 334-6472 to obtain current class times and reserve a spot.
Start Up Special
START UP SPECIAL
Whether you are looking to build strength, lose fat, or boost health, Pilates reformer Training can help. Our Start Up Special is available to anyone who has not yet tried our Pilates Reformer Training. Sessions are tailored to your goals. Private and Semi-Private Personal Training is offered in 30 or 60 minute sessions.
Private Pilates Reformer Training
Three 30 Minute Sessions | $100
Three 60 Minute Sessions | $150
Semi-Private Personal Training
Three 30 Minute Sessions | $75
Three 60 Minute Sessions | $100
(Semi-Private Training is for 2 people)
Contact Member Services at (402) 334-6426 to purchase. Once purchased, call the Trainers Line at (402) 334-6423 to schedule.
Only members who have never before participated in Pilates Reformer Training are eligible. Limit 1 per member. Expires 6 months from date of purchase.
Free Pilates Classes
Members, Age 16+
Offered as part of our FREE Group Exercise program, Mat Pilates classes are a great way to get introduced to this popular form of exercise. Classic Pilates exercises will help you get long, lean, and toned. Pilates improves your core muscle strength, flexibility, balance, and posture without adding bulk. These classes are “drop-in” participation. Find current Mat Pilates class times here.