Members, Age Dependent on Program
The Pilates program at the JCC uses top of the line equipment to ensure effective and safe workouts. Training options include Pilates reformer, tower, chair, or mat. No matter which you choose, our instructors will help you meet your fitness goals.
Pilates is one of the most effective exercise methods for those looking to:
- Increase core strength, muscle tone, & flexibility
- Decrease body fat
- Improve posture & balance
The Benefits of Pilates
- Breathing: Breathing through the belly engages the core and increases muscle activation.
- Head & Cervical Placement: Aligning the head and neck in a neutral position prevents and decreases neck pain.
- Pelvic Placement: Tucking and releasing the pelvis keeps the low back in its natural curve to prevent and decrease low back pain.
- Rib Cage Placement: Lifting and squeezing the ribs activates the core and improves posture.
- Scapular Movement: Activating muscles through the mid back and shoulder prevents and decreases upper back and shoulder pain.
- Open to JCC Members
- Private, Semi-Private or Small Group options are offered
- You must purchase a class card prior to joining a small group class
- Class cards are purchased at Member Services
- This is an ongoing program. Members can purchase and begin their training at any time
- Beginner through advanced level individuals are welcome
Private Pilates Training
Private Pilates training is for one person. Our certified Pilates Instructors will guide you through a customized and challenging workout to help you reach your fitness goals. Sessions are true one-on-one training and may be individualized to fit your specific needs. Workouts are typically done on the reformer. Talk to your instructor to inquire about other equipment options.
Semi-Private Pilates Training
Semi-private training is for two people. Our certified Pilates Instructors guides participants through a customized and challenging workout. Sessions can be focused on the areas or skills that participants are looking to develop. Workouts are typically done on the reformer. Talk to your instructor to inquire about other equipment options.
Small Group Pilates Training
Small Group Pilates training is for three to six people. Small class size ensures close supervision and attention from your certified instructor. Classes are customized to your interests. Workouts are typically done on the reformer. Talk to your instructor to inquire about other equipment options. Members may form their own group or join an existing one.
Free Pilates Classes
Members, Age 16+
Offered as part of our FREE Group Exercise program, Mat Pilates classes are a great way to get introduced to this popular form of exercise. Classic Pilates exercises will help you get long, lean, and toned. Pilates improves your core muscle strength, flexibility, balance, and posture without adding bulk. These classes are “drop-in” participation. No registration is necessary.
This FREE class is part of our Group Exercise Program. Poolaties takes the traditional Pilates land workout to the water. These classes are “drop-in” participation. No registration is necessary.
Find up-to-the-minute Mat Pilates and Poolaties class times here.
333 South 132nd Street Omaha, NE 68154