Members, Age Dependent on Program
Starting October 7th, all Pilates Reformer classes will be held in the upstairs studio.
Pilates is one of the most effective exercise methods for those looking to increase core strength, muscle tone, & flexibility, decrease body fat and improve posture & balance. Our Pilates program uses top of the line equipment to ensure effective and safe workouts. Training options include Pilates reformer, tower, chair, or mat. No matter which you choose, our instructors will help you meet your fitness goals.
The Benefits of Pilates
- Breathing: Breathing through the belly engages the core and increases muscle activation.
- Head & Cervical Placement: Aligning the head and neck in a neutral position prevents and decreases neck pain.
- Pelvic Placement: Tucking and releasing the pelvis keeps the low back in its natural curve to prevent and decrease low back pain.
- Rib Cage Placement: Lifting and squeezing the ribs activates the core and improves posture.
- Scapular Movement: Activating muscles through the mid back and shoulder prevents and decreases upper back and shoulder pain.
- Open to JCC Members
- Beginner through advanced level individuals are welcome
- Ongoing program. Members can purchase and begin at any time
- You must purchase a class card prior to joining a small group class
- All training can be purchased at Member Services
Small Group Training
• Classic Pilates Small Group Training
Classic Reformer, mat, chair, or tower exercises will give you a total body workout. All levels are welcome. Workouts can be customized to your interest.
• Cardio Pilates Small Group Reformer Training
Bring your heart rate up using Pilates Reformer Jumpboards and low impact aerobics. Partnered with toning exercises, this class will chisel your muscles using: weights, bands, glide discs, weighted mini balls, and Pilates rings.
• Restorative Small Group Reformer Training
Restorative Pilates Reformer has a special focus on posture, joint health, maintaining strength and maintaining motion.
You must purchase a Pilates class card prior to joining a small group class. Class cards are purchased at Member Services. Training is open to JCC Members, ages 16+. Call (402) 334-6472 to obtain current class times and reserve a spot.
Free Pilates Classes
Members, Age 16+
Offered as part of our FREE Group Exercise program, Mat Pilates classes are a great way to get introduced to this popular form of exercise. Classic Pilates exercises will help you get long, lean, and toned. Pilates improves your core muscle strength, flexibility, balance, and posture without adding bulk. These classes are “drop-in” participation. No registration is necessary.
This FREE class is part of our Group Exercise Program. Poolaties takes the traditional Pilates land workout to the water. These classes are “drop-in” participation. No registration is necessary.
Find up-to-the-minute Mat Pilates and Poolaties class times here.