School Break Specials
Members & Non Members, K-7th
School Break Specials are full day programs for kids who are out of school for scheduled breaks.
Questions? Contact Amanda Welsh at (402) 334-6409.
SBS Program Details
- School Break Specials run from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Open to Members & Non Members, K-7th grade.
- Registration is per day.
- Drop off & pick up are at the JCC Youth Lounge.
- Before & After Care is available. Additional registration is required.
- Kidz Inn participants must register for SBS. (Only Before & After Care is covered under Kidz Inn)
Member registration is now open
Non Member registration for November – January dates opens Sept. 30
Thursday, Oct. 12 | Cooking Competition
Who doesn’t love to bake fun and tasty treats? We will bake a variety of different treats and host our own mini baking shows for prizes!
code: 09-1012 | B/A Care 09-1012BA
*$20 Late fee for registrations after 10/05/23
Friday, Oct. 13 | Friday Fiesta
Join us as we celebrate America. Today is all
about learning the history about America
through games, crafts, and of course.
code: 09-1013 | B/A Care 09-1013BA
*$20 Late fee for registrations after 10/06/23
Monday, Oct. 16 | Mario Monday
“It’s-a-me, Mario!” We will travel to the Mushroom World and tag up with Mario and Luigi to try and beat Bowser. Will we encounter any Koopas, Yoshi or Toads? You will have to join the game to find out.
code: 09-1016 | B/A Care 09-1016BA
*$20 Late fee for registrations after 10/09/23
Thursday, Oct. 26 | Dynamic Dinos
This day will Triceratop-notch and Pterrific! We will travel millions of years in the past and get to know some of the dinosaurs that used to roam the earth.
code: 09-1026 | B/A Care 09-1026BA
*$20 Late fee for registrations after 10/19/23
Friday, Oct. 27 | Sci-Fi Friday
What’s better Harry Potter or Star Wars? Avatar or Percy Jackson? We will explore many different science fiction worlds and discover all they have to offer.
code: 09-1027 | B/A Care 09-1027BA
*$20 Late fee for registrations after 10/20/23
Wednesday, Nov. 1 | Game Over
Are you the ultimate gamer? We’ll have Minecraft treats, Mario Crafts, Roblox science and video games. Non-gamers welcome too!
code: 09-1101 | B/A Care 09-1101BA
*$20 Late fee for registrations after 10/25/23
Monday, Nov. 6 | Rock the Vote
Exercise your right to vote! We will vote on craft of the day, which gym games to play, and select our next School Break Special President!
code: 09-1106 | B/A Care 09-1106BA
*$20 Late fee for registrations after 10/31/23
Monday, Nov. 20 | Kitchen Science
We’re combining two of our best themes (science and cooking) to make make it the best-est day! In between completing our projects, we will have gym time and swim time!
code: 09-1120 | B/A Care 09-1120BA
*$20 Late fee for registrations after 11/13/23
Tuesday, Nov. 21 | Touchdown Tuesday
It’s football season so let’s do some tailgating, play some paper football, and celebrate our favorite teams. GO BIG RED!
code: 09-1121 | B/A Care 09-1121BA
*$20 Late fee for registrations after 11/14/23
Wednesday, Nov. 22 | Helping Hands
Let’s spend a day of helping others. We will make cards for the residents of the Rose Blumkin Jewish Home, make centerpieces for our family tables and find other ways to celebrate others.
code: 09-1122 | B/A Care 09-1122BA
*$20 Late fee for registrations after 11/15/23
Thursday, Nov. 23 | Youth Dept. Closed
Friday, Nov. 24 | Youth Dept. Closed
Thursday, Dec. 21 | Celebrate Nebraska
We will embrace all things that Nebraska has to offer; we’ll have our own College World Series, drink some Kool-Aid, create our own Carhenge!
code: 09-1221 | B/A Care 09-1221BA
*$20 Late fee for registrations after 12/14/23
Friday, Dec. 22 | Winter Maccabi
A favorite summer celebration the Maccabi Wars tournament. We are going to have our very own Maccabi but in the Winter. We will have various winter themed competitions and games.
code: 09-1222 | B/A Care 09-1222BA
*$20 Late fee for registrations after 12/15/23
Monday, Dec. 25 | Youth Dept. Closed
Tuesday, Dec. 26 | Tape It Tuesday
Masking tape, scotch tape, duct tape, so many to explore! Join us for tape crafts, build things with tape, and see what other fun we can have.
code: 09-1226 | B/A Care 09-1226BA
*$20 Late fee for registrations after 12/19/23
Wednesday, Dec. 27 | Lumberjack Day
Today we will build things with wood, decorate with flannel and even enjoy some flap jacks!
code: 09-1227 | B/A Care 09-1227BA
*$20 Late fee for registrations after 12/20/23
Thursday, Dec. 28 | Camp Throwback
We’re breaking our favorite camp activities! We will make friendship bracelets, have a ga-ga tournament, make snow cones and more.
code: 09-1228 | B/A Care 09-1228BA
*$20 Late fee for registrations after 12/21/23
Friday, Dec. 29 | NYE Party
Three…two…one…HAPPY NEW YEAR! We will count down the day with a special fun event every hour. There will be treats, games and prizes, special guests and more!
code: 09-1229 | B/A Care 09-1229BA
*$20 Late fee for registrations after 12/22/23
Monday, Jan. 1 | Youth Dept. Closed
Tuesday, Jan. 2 | Happy & Healthy
We all know that being both healthy and happy are very important, so we will spend the day focusing on ways that we can focus on being both happy and healthy in our everyday lives.
code: 09-0102 | B/A Care 09-0102BA
*$20 Late fee for registrations after 12/26/23
Wednesday, Jan. 3 | Space Exploration
BLAST OFF! Jump on the USS-JCC as we travel through outer space encountering other rocket ships, UFOs, Space Aliens and explore other planets and galaxies.
code: 09-0103 | B/A Care 09-0103BA
*$20 Late fee for registrations after 12/27/23
Wednesday, Jan. 4 | Literary Adventure
What is your favorite book? We will take adventures through many magical lands of some popular kids books and stories. Will we visit your favorite? Come and find out!
code: 09-0104 | B/A Care 09-0104BA
*$20 Late fee for registrations after 12/28/23
Friday, Jan. 5 | Marvel vs. D.C.
Which is the better universe Marvel or DC? We will have a fun day with lots of Superhero themed activities as we try and decide who is the best.
code: 09-0105 | B/A Care 09-0105BA
*$20 Late fee for registrations after 12/29/23
Monday, Jan. 15 | Generation Appreciation
Join us as we learn about, celebrate and appreciate past generations of people and trends. We will travel back in time through various activities. We will also discover ways to celebrate and appreciate our elders.
code: 09-0115 | B/A Care 09-0115BA
*$20 Late fee for registrations after 01/08/24
Price is per child.
Regular Hours: $35 / day
Extended Care: $47 / day
Regular Hours: $45 / day
Extended Care: $57 / day
Registrations received less than one week prior to the date of the program will be subject to a $20 late registration fee. See the registration policy tab for details.
NEW! Updates to Youth Registration Policy
- If a registration is received less than 1 week prior to the program a $20 late registration fee will be assessed to each participant.
- If you cancel less than 1 week prior to the program you will receive a credit to be used for future programs at the JCC.
- If you do not show up for a program and have not notified staff no refund or credit will be given.
- If you cancel prior to 1 week before the program a full refund will be issued or credit for future program.
Before & After Care
School Break Special participants that need to be dropped off before the 9:00 a.m. or picked up after the 4:00 p.m. have the option of registering for Before & After Care.
- Before Care runs 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- After Care runs 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Registration is per day.
- Breakfast is included for Before Care participants who arrive by 8:00 a.m.
- Afternoon snacks are included for those children in After Care.
- Price is per child and added onto the cost of the School Break Special.
Member & Non Member: +$12 / day
What to Bring
- Swimsuit (towels will be provided)
- Dairy Lunch (No meat or items that need to be reheated)
- Tennis Shoes & Socks
- Kids should wear clothes they can move, play, and create in.
There is no need to send extra money for activities. We also ask that kids leave their electronics and money at home. Children are solely responsible for all items they bring with them.
Lunch & Snack
LUNCH & SNACK
Children should bring a dairy based lunch (no meat) with them every day.
We will refrigerate lunches if needed.
Do not send items that need to be heated.
A snack will be provided.
Before Care breakfast is served from 7:00 – 8:00 a.m.
Parents must complete a Youth Health Form (for each child) and return it to the JCC Youth Department on or before the first day of the program. The Health Form should be updated every year. Download the 2022-23 Jewish Community Center Health Form here.
Unaccompanied Youth Policy
All youth within our facility are expected to display appropriate behavior at all times. This includes:
- Consideration of Others
- Respect for the Facility & Staff
- Utilization of Appropriate Language
Any youth who is not behaving in a respectful manner (as deemed by the JCC staff) will be asked to leave. Examples of unacceptable behaviors include: destruction of property, running through the halls, failure to follow staff directives, rowdiness, and use of foul language.
Parents / guardians of unaccompanied youth will immediately be contacted by a member of the JCC staff. They will be asked to promptly pick up their child from the facility.
If a child is sent home, JCC privileges may be suspended until a meeting is convened with the parent or guardian.
The JCC cannot be held responsible for members age 11 and over attending the JCC and not enrolled in an organized activity.
Unaccompanied youth are NOT allowed to hang-out in the following areas:
- Locker Rooms
- Front Lobby Entrance
- Art Gallery
- Membership Services Entrance
- Health Spa Entrance
- When in any of the aquatic areas, children under the age of 12, must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Children, under age 12, must also take a 25-meter swim test to determine their swim ability. Tests will be administered by a lifeguard. Children will be issued a wristband based on their results.
- The minimum age to use the Fitness Center is 13. Teens ages 13–16 must go through a mandatory orientation to ensure a safe and effective workout.
Youth Department Discipline Policy
In order to facilitate a safe, secure, fun environment for all participants attending JCC Youth Department activities the following policy has been implemented. This policy is not intended to be activated for minor “misbehaving” infractions. On a daily basis, the JCC Youth Department works with children who are having a “bad day”. Those types of behaviors, where neither malice nor destructive outcomes were intended will continue to be addressed at the Supervisor/Child level. Time-outs and, in some situations, loss of choice activity will continue to be the discipline implemented.
The Youth Department Discipline Policy will be activated when:
1. The number of minor infractions has been excessive; and /or
2. The behavior constitutes a violation against other children or adults, including unwelcome intentional touching or grabbing of another child, explicit and offensive verbal remarks (either sexual in nature or general taunting), name calling, vulgar or identifiable unacceptable language, or other verbal or physical conduct in violation of the JCC Youth Department Code of Conduct; and/or
3. The behavior constitutes a violation against the JCC or other children’s property and/or
4. The behavior constitutes a safety issue either for the child themselves, other children, or staff. In the event this policy is activated for any child, written documentation will be kept by the Director of all applicable dates, decisions and agreements (including a plan of action if needed.)
The formal discipline policy is as follows:
1. All enrolled children and their parents/guardian will sign a Conduct Contract acknowledging their notice and understanding of our Code of Conduct, and the potential repercussions of negative behaviors.
2. Upon occurrence of the first serious offense which is significant in nature to bring to the attention of the Youth Director, will result in a private discussion between the Youth Director and the child. The child will also be removed from their choice of activity for the day. The parent will be notified of the negative behavior and will be advised that if the same or related behavior is repeated, a parent conference will be required. The director will notify JCC management.
3. If the behavior continues, the child will again be removed from the group activities and the parents will be notified of the need for a Parent/Child/Director conference before the child can return to the program.
4. If the behavior still continues, a parent conference will again be required, (either with or without the child at the parent’s discretion). The child may be suspended from the program for a period of time up to 3 days (at Director’s discretion). The child will then be allowed to continue in the program only after the director and parent have prepared and agreed upon a plan of achieving acceptable behavior in the child.
5. If, after all of these steps, the behavior continues, the child will only be allowed to continue in the program if a professional counselor is involved (at the parent’s expense) in modifying the negative behavior. At this point, the professional will be asked to recommend a time frame for compliance based on the situation. If a professional is not brought in, or the time frame set forth is expended, the child will be expelled from the program with a date for re-entry set by the Director.
Under extreme circumstances and/or in situations when that child or other children’s safety is at risk, the Youth Director, with agreement from the JCC Executive Director, has the authority to ask a child to leave the program without following the above procedure.