School Break Specials
Members & Non Members, K-7th
School Break Specials are full day programs for kids who are out of school for scheduled breaks.
Questions? Contact Amanda Welsh at (402) 590-2152 or Allison Burger at (402) 334-6409.
Registration now open for all November dates
Tuesday, November 3 – Rock the Vote
Come exercise your right to be heard. Kids will vote all day long on what activities we will do.
Code: 09-1103 | +B/A Care: 09-1103BA
$20 late fee for registrations after 10/27/20
Wednesday, November 25 – Totally Turkey
Turkey crafts, turkey games and all things turkey. Of course we will also enjoy some gym time and swimming too!
Code: 09-1125 | +B/A Care: 09-1125BA
$20 late fee for registrations after 11/18/20
Members registration for December dates opens 11/1.
Non-Member registration opens 11/15.
Monday, December 14 – Willy Wonka
Welcome my friends, welcome to my chocolate factory. Join us as we transform the Youth Lounge into our very own chocolate factory.
Code: 09-1214 | +B/A Care: 09-1214BA
$20 late fee for registrations after 12/7/20
Tuesday, December 15 – Super Safari
Will we see giraffes? Cheetahs? Or maybe even a chimpanzee? Travel along with us on our J safari and find out!
Code: 09-1215 | +B/A Care: 09-1215BA
$20 late fee for registrations after 12/8/20
Wednesday, December 16 – Camp Reunion
Do you miss camp as much as we do? We will spend the day doing some of our favorite J Camp activities…and maybe have a few special guests come hang out with us.
Code: 09-1216 | +B/A Care: 09-1216BA
$20 late fee for registrations after 12/9/20
Thursday, December 17 – Blast from Past
Travel back in time with us to decades past. We will travel to the 1970’s, 1960’s and maybe even back to the stone age.
Code: 09-1217 | +B/A Care: 09-1217BA
$20 late fee for registrations after 12/10/20
Friday, December 18 – Hanukkah Hullabaloo
Let’s celebrate Hanukkah together and play some dreidel and win some gelt, make some rugelach, and decorate a menorah.
Code: 09-1218 | +B/A Care: 09-1218BA
$20 late fee for registrations after 12/11/20
Monday, December 21 – Brunch All Day
Who doesn’t love brunch? We love brunch so much, we want to brunch all day! Come in your pajamas and have a relaxing day at the J.
Code: 09-1221 | +B/A Care: 09-1221BA
$20 late fee for registrations after 12/14/20
Tuesday, December 22 – Pirate Day
ARRGHH Matey! It’s high time we sailed the 7 seas, join us on our ocean adventure for some pirate crafts, snacks and games.
Code: 09-1222 | +B/A Care: 09-1222BA
$20 late fee for registrations after 12/15/20
Wednesday, December 23 – Fictional Fun
We will travel to Hogwarts, the Enchanted Forest, the Andromeda Galaxy and more!
Code: 09-1223 | +B/A Care: 09-1223BA
$20 late fee for registrations after 12/16/20
Monday, December 28 – Musical Monday
Do… Re… Mi… Do you like music? Then, this is the day for you! We’ll be making music, dancing and singing to our hearts content.
Code: 09-1228 | +B/A Care: 09-1228BA
$20 late fee for registrations after 12/21/20
Tuesday, December 29 – Happy Un-Birthday
Happy Un-birthday! Join this all-day birthday party to celebrate everybody’s “un-birthday”!
Code: 09-1229 | +B/A Care: 09-1229BA
$20 late fee for registrations after 12/22/20
Wednesday, December 30 – Pixar Perfect
Spend the day creating Pixar-themed crafts.
We will also enjoy gym time and of course watch a classic Pixar movie.
Code: 09-1230 | +B/A Care: 09-1230BA
$20 late fee for registrations after 12/23/20
Wednesday, December 31 – NYE Party
Three, two, one, HAPPY NEW YEAR! We will spend the day having our own New Years Eve party as we count down to 2021!
Code: 09-1231 | +B/A Care: 09-1231BA
$20 late fee for registrations after 12/24/20
Members registration for the January 4th date opens 11/1.
Non-Member registration opens 11/15.
Monday, January 4 – Beach Day
Even though it’s cold outside, it is going to heat up at the J! Bring your beach towel, swimsuit and sunglasses for beached themed fun.
Code: 09-0104 | +B/A Care: 09-0104BA
$20 late fee for registrations after 12/28/20
SBS Program Details
- School Break Specials run from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Open to Members & Non Members, K-7th grade.
- Registration is per day.
- Drop off & pick up are at the JCC Youth Lounge.
- Before & After Care is available. Additional registration is required.
- Kidz Inn participants must register for SBS. (Only Before & After Care is covered under Kidz Inn)
- Pizza Fridays are not included. Additional registration is required.
Price is per child.
Regular Hours: $35 / day
Extended Care: $45 / day
Regular Hours: $45 / day
Extended Care: $55 / day
Registrations received less than one week prior to the date of the program will be subject to a $20 late registration fee. See the registration policy tab for details.
NEW! Updates to Youth Registration Policy
We’ve recently updated some of the terms of our registration policies for Youth programming. The following adjustments went into effect on October 1, 2019. School Break Specials, Winter Break Specials, Spring Break Specials, and Kids Night Out programs are subject to the following terms.
- If a registration is received less than 1 week prior to the program a $20 late registration fee will be assessed to each participant.
- If you cancel less than 1 week prior to the program you will receive a credit to be used for future programs at the JCC.
- If you do not show up for a program and have not notified staff no refund or credit will be given.
- If you cancel prior to 1 week before the program a full refund will be issued or credit for future program.
Before & After Care
School Break Special participants that need to be dropped off before the 9:00 a.m. or picked up after the 4:00 p.m. have the option of registering for Before & After Care.
- Before Care runs 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- After Care runs 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Registration is per day.
- Breakfast is included for Before Care participants who arrive by 8:00 a.m.
- Afternoon snacks are included for those children in After Care.
- Price is per child and added onto the cost of the School Break Special.
Member & Non Member: +$10 / day
What to Bring
- Dairy Lunch (No meat or items that need to be reheated)
- Tennis Shoes & Socks
- Kids should wear clothes they can move, play, and create in.
There is no need to send extra money for activities. We also ask that kids leave their electronics and money at home. Children are solely responsible for all items they bring with them.
Pizza Friday & Lunch
LUNCH & SNACK
Children should bring a dairy based lunch (no meat) with them every day.
We will refrigerate lunches if needed.
Do not send items that need to be heated.
A snack will be provided.
Before Care breakfast is served from 7:00 – 8:00 a.m.
We will not be offering Pizza Friday until further notice.
Parents must complete a Youth Health Form (for each child) and return it to the JCC Youth Department on or before the first day of the program. The Health Form should be updated every year. Download the 2020-2021 JCC Health Form HERE.
Unaccompanied Youth Policy
Until further notice: All children, ages 15 and under, MUST be accompanied by an adult when in our facility. This change took effect on Friday, March 13, 2020, and will remain in place for the foreseeable future.
All youth within our facility are expected to display appropriate behavior at all times. This includes:
- Consideration of Others
- Respect for the Facility & Staff
- Utilization of Appropriate Language
Any youth who is not behaving in a respectful manner (as deemed by the JCC staff) will be asked to leave. Examples of unacceptable behaviors include: destruction of property, running through the halls, failure to follow staff directives, rowdiness, and use of foul language.
Parents / guardians of unaccompanied youth will immediately be contacted by a member of the JCC staff. They will be asked to promptly pick up their child from the facility.
If a child is sent home, JCC privileges may be suspended until a meeting is convened with the parent or guardian.
The JCC cannot be held responsible for members age 11 and over attending the JCC and not enrolled in an organized activity.
Unaccompanied youth are NOT allowed to hang-out in the following areas:
- Locker Rooms
- Front Lobby Entrance
- Art Gallery
- Membership Services Entrance
- Health Spa Entrance
- When in any of the aquatic areas, children under the age of 12, must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Children, under age 12, must also take a 25-meter swim test to determine their swim ability. Tests will be administered by a lifeguard. Children will be issued a wristband based on their results.
- The minimum age to use the Fitness Center is 13. Teens ages 13–16 must go through a mandatory orientation to ensure a safe and effective workout.
Youth Department Discipline Policy
In order to facilitate a safe, secure, fun environment for all participants attending JCC Youth Department activities the following policy has been implemented. This policy is not intended to be activated for minor “misbehaving” infractions. On a daily basis, the JCC Youth Department works with children who are having a “bad day”. Those types of behaviors, where neither malice nor destructive outcomes were intended will continue to be addressed at the Supervisor/Child level. Time-outs and, in some situations, loss of choice activity will continue to be the discipline implemented.
The Youth Department Discipline Policy will be activated when:
1. The number of minor infractions has been excessive; and /or
2. The behavior constitutes a violation against other children or adults, including unwelcome intentional touching or grabbing of another child, explicit and offensive verbal remarks (either sexual in nature or general taunting), name calling, vulgar or identifiable unacceptable language, or other verbal or physical conduct in violation of the JCC Youth Department Code of Conduct; and/or
3. The behavior constitutes a violation against the JCC or other children’s property and/or
4. The behavior constitutes a safety issue either for the child themselves, other children, or staff. In the event this policy is activated for any child, written documentation will be kept by the Director of all applicable dates, decisions and agreements (including a plan of action if needed.)
The formal discipline policy is as follows:
1. All enrolled children and their parents/guardian will sign a Conduct Contract acknowledging their notice and understanding of our Code of Conduct, and the potential repercussions of negative behaviors.
2. Upon occurrence of the first serious offense which is significant in nature to bring to the attention of the Youth Director, will result in a private discussion between the Youth Director and the child. The child will also be removed from their choice of activity for the day. The parent will be notified of the negative behavior and will be advised that if the same or related behavior is repeated, a parent conference will be required. The director will notify JCC management.
3. If the behavior continues, the child will again be removed from the group activities and the parents will be notified of the need for a Parent/Child/Director conference before the child can return to the program.
4. If the behavior still continues, a parent conference will again be required, (either with or without the child at the parent’s discretion). The child may be suspended from the program for a period of time up to 3 days (at Director’s discretion). The child will then be allowed to continue in the program only after the director and parent have prepared and agreed upon a plan of achieving acceptable behavior in the child.
5. If, after all of these steps, the behavior continues, the child will only be allowed to continue in the program if a professional counselor is involved (at the parent’s expense) in modifying the negative behavior. At this point, the professional will be asked to recommend a time frame for compliance based on the situation. If a professional is not brought in, or the time frame set forth is expended, the child will be expelled from the program with a date for re-entry set by the Director.
Under extreme circumstances and/or in situations when that child or other children’s safety is at risk, the Youth Director, with agreement from the JCC Executive Director, has the authority to ask a child to leave the program without following the above procedure.