Leaders in Training (L.I.T.) is a leadership program for teens in 8th-10th grade who are looking to grow as responsible leaders while also building confidence and self-worth. Each session is one week long. Over each session, L.I.T. participants will assist counselors to make sure all J Campers are engaged and having fun. plan and lead activities for campers, meet regularly with the L.I.T. Director and interact with other JCC professional staff to develop leadership and teamwork skills, and participate in camp special events. This could be an on-site or off-site field trip, camp talent show, or an undernight / overnight. Participants can register for as many sessions as they would like. Contact Amanda Welsh at (402) 334-6409 or email@example.com for more information.
Stay tuned… 2024 information coming soon!
- Open to Members & Non Members
- 8th-10th graders
- L.I.T. runs 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
- Registration is per 1 week session
- Held at the Staenberg Omaha JCC
Goals & Outcomes
- Teach skills of leadership that can be used at home, school, and in the community
- Build technical skills to be an effective, competent and compassionate youth worker.
- Learn how to be adaptable and flexible in a working environment.
- Build relationships with each other & staff that can be used going through school and with future employments
- Focus on building professionalism, work ethic and problem solving
- Enjoy a summer of fun with friends and create lifelong memories
- Gain experience to become an Assistant Camp Counselor / Counselor in the future
- Build relationships with JCC professionals and Leadership Team members who can be a guide and reference for future jobs and college applications
- Gain volunteer hours and experience as we work together on community service projects
- Gain hands on experience for future careers in childcare, education, sports management and other related fields
- Optional CPR & First Aid certification
- Earn a $25 per week stipend for your work
9:00 – 9:15 a.m………Daily Prep
9:15 – 9:30 a.m………Boker Tov/Flag
9:30 – 10:00 a.m…….Meeting w/ Camp Leaders
10:00 a.m.–Noon…..Rotating Activities / Planning
12:00–1:00 p.m……..Lunch & Songs
1:00 – 3:00 p.m……..Group Assignments & Swim
3:00–3:45 p.m……….Snack & Clean Up
3:45–4:00 p.m………..Flag Circle
Week 1: June 5-9
Week 2: June 12-16
Week 3: June 19-23
Week 4: June 26-30
Week 5: July 10-14
Week 6: July 17-21
Week 7: July 24-28
Week 8: July 31 – August 4
LIT Program, 8th-10th Grade
Pricing is per week, per camper.
Non Member: $185
Early Bird Rates do not apply to the Leaders in Training Program
Member registration opens February 1st.
Non Member registration opens February 15th.
Camp participation is determined by the grade your child will enter in the fall of 2023. If a registration is received less than two weeks prior to the start of the program, a $50 per registrant late registration fee will be assessed.
Please make sure to register for your chosen L.I.T session(s) before completing the application.
This application allows us to get to know you a little more before you arrive at J camp and helps us plan our program to provide the best leadership training and experience for you.
Complete the application and return (via mail or email) to Amanda Welsh
Mail: Staenberg Omaha Jewish Community Center, 333 S 132nd Street Omaha, NE 68154 ATTN: Amanda Welsh