Leaders in Training (L.I.T.) is a leadership program for teens in 8th-10th grade who are looking to grow as responsible leaders while also building confidence and self-worth. Each session is one week long. Over each session, L.I.T. participants will assist counselors to make sure all J Campers are engaged and having fun. plan and lead activities for campers, meet regularly with the L.I.T. Director and interact with other JCC professional staff to develop leadership and teamwork skills, and participate in camp special events. This could be an on-site or off-site field trip, camp talent show, or an undernight / overnight. Participants can register for as many sessions as they would like. Contact Amanda Welsh at (402) 334-6409 or email@example.com for more information.
- Open to Members & Non Members, 8th-10th grade
- L.I.T. runs 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
- Registration is per 1 week session
- Held at the Staenberg Omaha JCC
Week 1: June 6-10 Code: 09-7001
Week 2: June 13-17 Code: 09-7002
Week 3: June 20-24 Code: 09-7003
Week 4: Jun.27- Jul.1 Code: 09-7004
Week 5: July 11-15 Code: 09-7005
Week 6: July 18-22 Code: 09-7006
Week 7: July 25-29 Code: 09-7007
Week 8: August 1-5 Code: 09-7008
2022 Applicaitons Coming soon!
Please make sure to register for your L.I.T session(s) and training before sending this application in.
This application allows us to get to know you a little more before you arrive at J camp and helps us plan our program to provide the best leadership training and experience for you.
Complete the application and return (via mail or email) to Amanda Welsh
Mail: Staenberg Omaha Jewish Community Center, 333 S 132nd Street Omaha, NE 68154 ATTN: Amanda Welsh
Goals & Outcomes
- Teach skills of leadership that can be used at home, school, and in the community
- Build technical skills to be an effective, competent and compassionate youth worker.
- Learn how to be adaptable and flexible in a working environment.
- Build relationships with each other & staff that can be used going through school and with future employments
- Focus on building professionalism, work ethic and problem solving
- Enjoy a summer of fun with friends and create lifelong memories
- Gain experience to become an Assistant Camp Counselor / Counselor in the future
- Build relationships with JCC professionals and Leadership Team members who can be a guide and reference for future jobs and college applications
- Gain volunteer hours and experience as we work together on community service projects
- Gain hands on experience for future careers in childcare, education, sports management and other related fields
- Optional CPR & First Aid certification
- Earn a $25 per week stipend for your work
Each week L.I.T. participants will assist counselors to make sure campers are engaged and having fun. They will help plan and lead activities, meet regularly with the JCC professional staff, develop leadership and teamwork skills and participate in camp special events. An example of a typical camp day for a L.I.T. participant is as follows:
9:00 – 9:15 a.m………Daily Prep
9:15 – 9:30 a.m………Boker Tov/Flag
9:30 – 10:00 a.m…….Meeting w/ Camp Leaders
10:00 a.m.–Noon…..Rotating Activities / Planning
12:00–1:00 p.m……..Lunch & Songs
1:00 – 3:00 p.m……..Group Assignments & Swim
3:00–3:45 p.m……….Snack & Clean Up
3:45–4:00 p.m………..Flag Circle
Members: $135 / week
Non: $175 / week
Before OR After Care
7-9 a.m. or 4-6 p.m.
Before AND After Care
7-9 a.m. and 4-6 p.m.
Prices listed per week. Early Bird pricing is not offered on L.I.T. camps. Camp participation is determined by the grade your child will enter in the fall of 2022. If a registration is received less than one week prior to the program a $50 late registration fee will be assessed to each participant. Minimum:3 / Maximum:10
Camp participation is determined by the grade your child will enter in the fall of 2022. If a registration is received less than one week prior to the program a $50 late registration fee will be assessed to each participant. A minimum of 4 participants per session is needed. * Participants must attend one of the mandatory training weeks in order to attend any of the L.I.T. sessions.