Group Exercise Class Descriptions
Spin & Strength
This class with get your heart pumping and muscles burning! Class includes 25 minutes of Spin along with 25 minutes of strength building!
Dance your way healthy with this 45 minute class. This all cardio workout will feel like a dance party with friends more than a workout.
Master Fitness Cardio
Masters Fitness is a great way for active older adults to stay in shape. Class focuses on cardiovascular moves. Light weights, bands & chairs are used.
Step & Strength
Step aerobics combined with strength training moves will give you a total body workout.
Get ready to sweat! Lose yourself in this fun, fast paced cardio workout on the spin bikes. Classes are great for beginners & avid riders alike.
Set to fun and funky Latin music, this dance inspired workout will have you shaking your way slim. Zumba is a great cardio workout for anyone, no dance experience necessary.
Kid’s Boot Camp
For kids ages 6-13, this workout will help kids keep moving through the summer, build a healthy workout routine, and learn good form on various exercises. Parents do not need to be present, but MUST stay on campus while their child is in class.
Kids Salutations & Stretch
Kids can strengthen their bodies and minds through yoga-inspired poses and motor activities. Kids will not only build their self-confidence and self-esteem, but also increase their strength and flexibility.
Kids In Motion
This fun, energetic, and calorie blasting workout is perfect for our J Kids! This boot-camp style class will focus on basic plyometrics, strength and conditioning exercises, balance, coordination, and flexibility. Open to all kids, ages 4-13. Let’s have fun while getting fit!
This high-energy dance party won’t feel like a workout. Kids will build cardiovascular endurance, strength, and boost their metabolism! This dance-fitness class is choreographed to kid-friendly routines and is geared for kids, ages 4-13. See you on the dance floor!
Total body, high intensity workout filled with times cardio, strength, & core drills. Challenge yourself, see the benefits!
Ready. Set. Go! This high intensity workout is filled with intervals of cardio, strength & core.
High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) combines bursts of strength, plyometric & athletic training to really give you a total body workout.
A combo of strength and cardio interval training. Class is sure to provide a fun and high energy workout. If you are someone who loves the variety of trying new things – this class is for you.
Master Fitness Core & Balance
Masters Fitness Core & Balance focus on alignment, balance, and involves functional isometric core work and basic weight exercises.
Mind / Body Classes
Get long, lean & toned! Pilates improves your core muscled strength, flexibility, balance, & posture without building bulk.
A perfect blend of traditional Pilates & Yoga moves this class will help you improve balance & muscle tone while relaxing the mind.
Improve your balance, stability, & focus in Tai Chi. Slow, controlled movements & breathing maintain your physical & mental balance.
Total Barre integrates elements of Pilates, dance, cardio, & strength training. Focus on your glutes, hips, abs, & arms with this class.
Designed for all levels of yogis, this class will teach basic poses and breathing techniques to beginners, and advanced. Yoga, which means “to join together”, works to combine the various energy levels within the body, ultimately resulting in balance. By achieving and maintaining this balance, one can attain greater physical and mental health. Yoga is for everyone, regardless of fitness level, injury or age.
Buns, Core, Thighs
Work all your core muscles with this class. Moves will be traditional sculpting moves utilizing various added weights, body weight, and bands.
Master Fitness Circuit
Masters Fitness is a great way for active older adults to stay in shape. Class will focus on strength training moves. Light weights, bands & even chairs are used. Express versions of this class will be 30 minutes. We also offer Master Fitness Cardio!
Same great music, same fun Zumba moves, but with a strength and cardio bursts.
Pilates & Water Fitness combine for a total body workout like no other! Poolaties will strengthen your core & have you coming back for more.
Varying cardio & strength exercises utilizing water weights, noodles, & other equipment. Water offers a challenging workout with little to no stress on your joints.
A slow flow with deep stretching, basic poses and breathing techniques. Designed to increase flexibility and mobility, restorative in nature. Attempt to combine the various energy levels within the body, ultimately resulting in balance. Great for those new to yoga as well as more experienced yogis.
An energetic flow, based on the foundations of traditional Hatha Yoga. Designed to enhance strength, flexibility and mobility in the body, and mind, by harnessing the power of the breath as you move through this ancient practice. Accessible to all experience levels.
A Vinyasa Yoga, characterized by stringing postures together so you move from one to another seamlessly, guided by the force of inhales and exhales. Classes may include more dynamic and complex postures. Accessible to all experience levels.
- If you are new to a class, speak with the Instructor beforehand. They can give you an idea of the class format and provide details you may need to know.
- Medical clearance from your physician, prior to starting any exercise program, is highly recommended.
- If you are waiting for a class to begin, please do not enter the Aerobic Studio until the current class has finished.
- Be on time! If you are late, please take a spot at the back of class and do your best not to disrupt those already participating.
- Arrive early for all Spin classes, so that you can set up your bike prior to class.
- Wear appropriate workout clothes. Sneakers are required for all classes except Yoga and Pilates. All shoes worn in the Aerobics Studio should be different from your street shoes. Use the benches outside of the Aerobics studio to change your shoes before and after class.
- Remember your personal hygiene and refrain from wearing strong perfume and cologne.
- Water brought into class must be in an unbreakable container. Food is not permitted. You may bring your own towel to class if needed.
- Be respectful and keep conversation to a minimum. All cell phones must be turned OFF or put on silent during class.
- All equipment used (mats, balls, steps, etc.) should be cleaned and returned to their proper storage location when class ends.