Indoor Aquatic Facilities
Our beautiful, new Indoor Aquatic Center is now open. In addition to our renovated lap pool, the new Baker Family Leisure Pool will give Members the opportunity to enjoy family swim time beyond the traditional summer season. Take a virtual tour of this space here. In addition to these exciting new spaces, we are also proud to provide our members with a new Family Changing Area. This space, located just off of the indoor lap pool, features five large and private stalls. Each stall is complete with a sink, soap and paper towels, toilet, shower, and diaper changing station. Lockers and additional sinks are located in the main area of the changing area as well. Towel service will be available unless otherwise noted. Questions? Call the Aquatics Department at (402) 334-6473 or Member Services at (402) 334-6426.
Rules & Policies
The following items are NOT allowed:
- Outside food and/or drink (water in plastic bottle is ok)
- Glass containers
- Drugs, alcohol or tobacco
- No underwear, cut-off jeans/pants or colored t-shirts are allowed in the pool. Proper bathing suits are required.
The following behavior policies will be enforced at all times:
- No pushing or throwing persons in the pool
- No horseplay, running, dunking, spitting or shoulder riding
- No hitting, kicking, or violence of any kind
- No prolonged underwater swimming or breath holding
- Hanging on pool equipment such as ropes and ladders, is not allowed. Improper use of water features is not allowed.
- Outside inflatables (balls, rafts, water wings etc.) are not permitted in the pool facility. Individuals requiring flotation assistance may use US Coast-Guard approved PFDs (life vests) only.
- Diving is only permitted in water deeper than 9 feet. Be aware of what (or who) is beneath you when entering.
- The JCC is not responsible for your personal property.
Any youth age 11 and under (or swimmers that appear to be struggling at the discretion of the Aquatics staff) will be swim tested and issued a wristband. All youth must wear this wristband at all times. Youth may be re-tested. For further details, please call (402) 334-6473.
Supervision & Wrist Band Policy
- Children 5 and under must have an adult in the water with them at ALL times. Children ages 8 and under who are in the water must be actively supervised by an adult who is within arm’s reach. Children 11 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Children 11 and under must take a 25 meter swim test to determine their swim ability. Tests will be administered by a lifeguard during designated times. Children will be issued a wristband based on results.
- Children 11 and under must wear their designated swim level wristband at all times.
Green Level Swimmers
Must swim one length of the lap pool without flotation, tread water for 30 seconds, and swim back to where they started completely unassisted. The swimmer must complete this to the satisfaction of the lifeguard giving the test. Approved green level swimmers are allowed to swim to the deep end.
Yellow Level Swimmers
Must be able to swim half the length of the lap pool. They must complete the swim unassisted, with minimal or no touching of the bottom or grabbing onto the wall or lane line. Approved yellow level swimmers are allowed to swim the in the shallow end of the lap pool.
Red Level Swimmers
Red level swimmers are sometimes uncomfortable in water over his/her head and struggle with stroke movements. Red level swimmers, and all those age 5 and under, MUST have an adult in the water with them at all times. Children who have not taken a swim test must wear a red wristband.
Youth Supervision Policy
- All youth age 5 and under, or children who use a flotation device, MUST have an adult in the water with them at ALL times.
- All youth under the age of 8 must be actively supervised by an adult who is within arm’s reach.
- All youth age 11 and under must be actively supervised by an adult.
- All youth age 11 and under (or those who appear to be struggling) will be swim tested and issued a wristband. Tests will be administered by a lifeguard. Children will be issued a wristband indicating their swim ability. Children must wear their wristband at all times.
- Infants and toddlers who are not potty-trained are required to wear a specially made swim diaper, i.e. Little Swimmers. Disposable diapers and rubber pants are NOT allowed.
Indoor Lap Pool
The indoor lap pool includes 6 full lap lanes, a new filter and gutter systems, easy access stair entry, new HVAC equipment and sound panels. Unless noted, towel service will be offered at the indoor pool.
Sunday – Saturday
Lap & Open Swim………7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Monday – Thursday
Lap Swim Only …………..5:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Open Swim………………..11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Lap Swim Only …………..5:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Open Swim………………..11:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
• Lap swim, lesson, programs and classes are allowed during lap swim hours.
• Only the lap pool will be available during lap swim hours.
• Limited lap lanes available when aquatic programs are being held.
Baker Family Leisure Pool
Reservations required for weekend Family Swim. Reservations will open at 10:00 a.m. on the Thursday prior to the swim session and can be made online.
Monday – Thursday
Open Family Swim……..4:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
Reservations are NOT required for weekday family swim.
The Baker Family Leisure Pool is CLOSED on Fridays.
Saturday Family Swim Reservation Times
Reservation Time 1…..10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Reservation Time 2…..12:15 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
Reservation Time 3…..2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Reservation Time 4……4:45 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Sunday Family Swim Reservation Times
Reservation Time 1…..10:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
Reservation Time 2…..12:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.
Reservation Time 3…..5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
The Leisure Pool is CLOSED for programs from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. on Sundays.
This beautiful new space includes:
- Leisure Pool With Zero-depth Entry & Splash Features
- 15′ Water Slide
- Lazy River
- Water Therapy Vortex
- Family Changing Area
- ADA compliant underwater wheelchair and motorized lift assist
- Defender filtration system with an additional UV filter
• The leisure area will be open, staff permitting, during family swim hours.
• Youth must be swim tested before they use the water features.
• Youth must have a green band and be 48″ tall to use the water slide.