Indoor Aquatic Facilities
Beautifully refurbished indoor lap pool now open. Family-friendly leisure pool opening late spring 2020.
INDOOR LAP POOL HOURS
The indoor lap pool is currently CLOSED
The campus closure is being done to ensure the safety of our members and of the community. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions contact Ben Novak, Aquatic Director, at (402) 334-6473.
There will be no baby pool available until the family Leisure Pool opens in the spring. Open Swim is available during regular pool hours, unless noted otherwise. Please note that space is reduced when classes, lessons, or rentals are being held. During these times, there will be limited lap lanes available for “open swim” use.
Swim Testing Policy
Any youth age 11 and under (or swimmers that appear to be struggling at the discretion of the Aquatics staff) will be swim tested and issued a wristband. All youth must wear this wristband at all times. Youth may be re-tested. For further details, please call (402) 334-6473.
Supervision & Wrist Band Policy
- Children 5 and under must have an adult in the water with them at ALL times. Children ages 8 and under who are in the water must be actively supervised by an adult who is within arm’s reach. Children 11 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Children 11 and under must take a 25 meter swim test to determine their swim ability. Tests will be administered by a lifeguard during designated times. Children will be issued a wristband based on results.
- Children 11 and under must wear their designated swim level wristband at all times.
Green Level Swimmers
Must swim one length of the lap pool without flotation, tread water for 30 seconds, and swim back to where they started completely unassisted. The swimmer must complete this to the satisfaction of the lifeguard giving the test. Approved green level swimmers are allowed to swim to the deep end.
Yellow Level Swimmers
Must be able to swim half the length of the lap pool. They must complete the swim unassisted, with minimal or no touching of the bottom or grabbing onto the wall or lane line. Approved yellow level swimmers are allowed to swim the in the shallow end of the lap pool.
Red Level Swimmers
Red level swimmers are sometimes uncomfortable in water over his/her head and struggle with stroke movements. Red level swimmers, and all those age 5 and under, MUST have an adult in the water with them at all times. Children who have not taken a swim test must wear a red wristband.
Youth Supervision Policy
- All youth age 5 and under, or children who use a flotation device, MUST have an adult in the water with them at ALL times.
- All youth under the age of 8 must be actively supervised by an adult who is within arm’s reach.
- All youth age 11 and under must be actively supervised by an adult.
- All youth age 11 and under (or those who appear to be struggling) will be swim tested and issued a wristband. Tests will be administered by a lifeguard. Children will be issued a wristband indicating their swim ability. Children must wear their wristband at all times.
- Infants and toddlers who are not potty-trained are required to wear a specially made swim diaper, i.e. Little Swimmers. Disposable diapers and rubber pants are NOT allowed.
Proper bathing suits are required. No underwear, cut-off jeans/pants or colored t-shirts are allowed in the pool.
The following items are NOT allowed in our aquatic facilities:
- Outside food and/or drink (water in plastic bottle is ok)
- Glass containers
- Drugs, alcohol or tobacco
The following behavior policies will be enforced at all times:
- No pushing or throwing persons in the pool
- No horseplay, running, dunking, spitting or shoulder riding
- No hitting, kicking, or violence of any kind
- No prolonged underwater swimming or breath holding
- Hanging on pool equipment such as ropes and ladders, is not allowed. Improper use of water features is not allowed.
- Outside inflatables (balls, rafts, water wings etc.) are not permitted in the pool facility. Individuals requiring flotation assistance may use US Coast-Guard approved PFDs (life vests) only.
- Diving is only permitted in water deeper than 9 feet. Be aware of what (or who) is beneath you when entering.
- The JCC is not responsible for your personal property.
Indoor Family-Friendly Leisure Pool
Our new, family-friendly leisure pool is on the way! This new space will be an extension added on to the south end of the indoor aquatics area. The targeted completion date is late spring 2020. When finished this area will include:
- Leisure Pool With Zero-depth Entry
- Water Slide, Lazy River & Aqua Play Features
- Water Therapy Vortex
- Family Changing Area