Indoor Aquatic Facilities
Rules & Policies
The following items are NOT allowed:
- Outside food and/or drink (water in plastic bottle is ok)
- Glass containers
- Drugs, alcohol or tobacco
- No underwear, cut-off jeans/pants or colored t-shirts are allowed in the pool. Proper bathing suits are required.
The following behavior policies will be enforced at all times:
- No pushing or throwing persons in the pool
- No horseplay, running, dunking, spitting or shoulder riding
- No hitting, kicking, or violence of any kind
- No prolonged underwater swimming or breath holding
- Hanging on pool equipment such as ropes and ladders, is not allowed. Improper use of water features is not allowed.
- Outside inflatables (balls, rafts, water wings etc.) are not permitted in the pool facility. Individuals requiring flotation assistance may use US Coast-Guard approved PFDs (life vests) only.
- Diving is only permitted in water deeper than 9 feet. Be aware of what (or who) is beneath you when entering.
- The JCC is not responsible for your personal property.
Any youth age 11 and under (or swimmers that appear to be struggling at the discretion of the Aquatics staff) will be swim tested and issued a wristband. All youth must wear this wristband at all times. Youth may be re-tested. For further details, please call (402) 334-6473.
Supervision & Wrist Band Policy
- Children 5 and under must have an adult in the water with them at ALL times. Children ages 8 and under who are in the water must be actively supervised by an adult who is within arm’s reach. Children 11 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Children 11 and under must take a 25 meter swim test to determine their swim ability. Tests will be administered by a lifeguard during designated times. Children will be issued a wristband based on results.
- Children 11 and under must wear their designated swim level wristband at all times.
Green Level Swimmers
Must swim one length of the lap pool without flotation, tread water for 30 seconds, and swim back to where they started completely unassisted. The swimmer must complete this to the satisfaction of the lifeguard giving the test. Approved green level swimmers are allowed to swim to the deep end.
Yellow Level Swimmers
Must be able to swim half the length of the lap pool. They must complete the swim unassisted, with minimal or no touching of the bottom or grabbing onto the wall or lane line. Approved yellow level swimmers are allowed to swim the in the shallow end of the lap pool.
Red Level Swimmers
Red level swimmers are sometimes uncomfortable in water over his/her head and struggle with stroke movements. Red level swimmers, and all those age 5 and under, MUST have an adult in the water with them at all times. Children who have not taken a swim test must wear a red wristband.
Youth Supervision Policy
- All youth age 5 and under, or children who use a flotation device, MUST have an adult in the water with them at ALL times.
- All youth under the age of 8 must be actively supervised by an adult who is within arm’s reach.
- All youth age 11 and under must be actively supervised by an adult.
- All youth age 11 and under (or those who appear to be struggling) will be swim tested and issued a wristband. Tests will be administered by a lifeguard. Children will be issued a wristband indicating their swim ability. Children must wear their wristband at all times.
- Infants and toddlers who are not potty-trained are required to wear a specially made swim diaper, i.e. Little Swimmers. Disposable diapers and rubber pants are NOT allowed.
Indoor Lap Pool
Summer Hours begin June 1st! During the summer, the Indoor Lap Pool ONLY will be open only for Adult Lap Swim, lessons and programs. Water Fitness classes will be held outdoors. Unless otherwise noted, towel service will be offered at the indoor pool
Monday – Thursday
Indoor Lap Pool Only……….5:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Indoor Lap Pool Only………..5:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday
Indoor Lap Pool Only……….7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m
• Lap swim, lesson, programs and classes are allowed during lap swim hours.
• Only the lap pool will be available during lap swim hours.
• Limited lap lanes available when aquatic programs are being held.
Baker Family Leisure Pool
The Indoor Leisure pool will not be available for Family Swim during the summer. Click here to see the hours for the Goldstein Family Aquatic Complex, our outdoor leisure pool.
This beautiful new space includes:
- Leisure Pool With Zero-depth Entry & Splash Features
- 15′ Water Slide
- Lazy River
- Water Therapy Vortex
- Family Changing Area
- ADA compliant underwater wheelchair and motorized lift assist
- Defender filtration system with an additional UV filter
• The leisure area will be open, staff permitting, during family swim hours.
• Youth must be swim tested before they use the water features.
• Youth must have a green band and be 48″ tall to use the water slide.