Serving the Omaha Community Since 1926
Since we first opened our doors in 1926, we’ve been a place where people can connect, belong, and grow.
Our original 20th & Dodge Street location was built to address the needs of the local Jewish population. The facility included an auditorium, gymnasium with running track, tile swimming pool, showers, steam baths, handball courts, meeting rooms, library, and modern kitchen.
The JCC remained at this location for decades. As Omaha’s population moved west, the need to relocate the center became obvious. In 1967, a new committee of community leaders gathered with the goal of finding a new location. After much consideration, it was decided that a property off of 132nd street would be the best fit. The committee believed the property would fulfill the present needs of the JCC and also allow for future expansion.
On November 2nd, 1972, a ground-breaking ceremony was held for the construction of the 132nd Street facility. The building was complete and open to the public by April of 1974. The new campus housed a 105,000 sq. ft. facility that included a gymnasium, indoor and outdoor swimming pool, meeting rooms, theater, fine art gallery, offices, kitchen, playground and ample green space.
As anticipated, facilities on campus expanded as demand grew. In 1998 a campaign was announced to renovate the Jewish Community Center. The new expansion would include construction of the Phil Sokolof Health & Fitness Center, the Pennie Z. Davis Child Development Center and new front entrance. By June of 2000, all construction was complete.
Today, the JCC remains one of the premiere facilities in all of Omaha. The Phil Sokolof Health & Fitness Center was refreshed with new furnishings and equipment in 2017. Our current 150,000 sq. ft. facility includes an indoor track, indoor swimming pool, the outdoor Goldstein Family Aquatic Center, full size basketball gymnasium, a Health Spa, a youth lounge, a fine art gallery, dance studios, and a theater.
We are proud to be a part of the Omaha community. Everyone, regardless of race, faith, or national origin, is welcome on our campus. We remain driven by same the Jewish values that have guided us from the beginning.
We believe in the power of community.
We believe in taking care of each other.
We believe that you belong here.
Staenberg Kooper Fellman Campus
The Staenberg Fellman Kooper campus is home to more than just the Jewish Community Center. It houses several additional agencies and organizations that also work to serve the community. Most of these agencies fall underneath the umbrella of the Jewish Federation of Omaha, a registered 501(c)(3) organization that is located on campus.
Jewish Federation of Omaha Supported Agencies on Campus
• The Jewish Community Center
• Jewish Social Services: The Rose Blumkin Jewish Home, Jewish Family Service, Jewish Senior Outreach
• The Anti-Defamation League/ CRC
• Institute for Holocaust Education
• The Jewish Press
We proudly share our campus with three additional 501(c)(3) organizations that do not fall under the Jewish Federation of Omaha umbrella. These organizations include:
• The Nebraska Jewish Historical Society
• Friedel Jewish Academy
• Henry Monsky Lodge of B’nai B’rith International (BBI)
The mission of the Jewish Community Center of Omaha is to create a positive Jewish environment in which to build, strengthen, and preserve Jewish identity and traditions. The JCC reaches out to the Jewish community and provides its members with a unique opportunity to associate through a variety of social, cultural, recreational, educational and physical fitness programs, activities, and services.
Health & Well-Being
To provide facilities and programs that promote physical, social and emotional well-being.
To provide belonging, connectedness, and inclusiveness through programs and partnerships.
To provide the opportunity for personal growth and life-long learning.
To incorporate traditional Jewish morals and values to successfully meet our mission.