We work hard to provide parents peace of mind.
We’re the only day camp in Omaha to carry ACA accreditation!
The Jewish Community Center of Omaha’s summer camp is proud to be the only day camp in Omaha that is accredited by the American Camp Association. Developed exclusively for the camp industry, this nationally recognized accreditation focuses on program quality, health, safety, and risk management aspects of a camp’s operation. This certification means we adhere to their strict standards for a safe, enjoyable and enriching camp experience for every participant.
All staff undergo background checks and drug testing prior to employment. Our camp counselors complete over 25 hours of training in creative programming, group dynamics, child development, and conflict resolution.In addition, all camp staff is required to complete American Red Cross Safety, CPR, and First Aid workshops before the camp season begins. If you have any questions on our camp programming please contact Allison at (402) 334-6409 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW! If all mandatory forms are completed and returned by April 30 you will receive a free color changing water bottle!
* One bottle per child per completed set of forms.
Download a PDF copy by clicking the link below. Paper copies may be available from Member Services, while supplies last!
Looking for more?
Additional information on what to bring, our Water & Swim Safety Policy, and our Lunch & Food Policy can be found in the parent camp manual. Parents of registered campers should receive this manual from our staff prior to the time their child is to begin camp. If you have questions, please contact the Youth Department at (402) 334-6409.
Monday – Friday…….9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Before Care………….7:00 am – 9:00 am
After Care……………4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Premiere Camp Hours*
Monday – Friday…….9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Half Day Add-On…..12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
* Musical Theater Camp runs 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Monday – Friday…….7:00 am – 9:00 am
Monday – Friday…….4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Half Day Add-On
Monday – Friday…….12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Thursday – Friday: June 18-19 & July 9-10
4:00 pm – 9:00 am
Thursday: June 18 & July 9
4:00 pm – 8:30 pm
All Camp Family Night
Thursday: June 25
4:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Dates to Remember
Summer Camp 2020: May 22 – August 14
Parents are always welcome!
Monday, February 3 – Registration Opens for JCC Members
Monday, March 2 – Camp Scholarship Applications Due
Tuesday, March 3 – Registration Opens for Non Members
Monday, April 6 – Early Bird Registration Deadline
Tuesday, May 12 – Kindergarten & New Parent Orientation
6:00 p.m. – Community Engagement Venue
Sunday, May 17 – Swim & Dive Parent Meeting & Swim Test
2:00 p.m. – Parent’s Meeting in the Community Engagement Venue
3:00 p.m. – New Participant Mandatory Swim Testing – Indoor Pool
Tuesday, May 19 – Meet the Staff Ice Cream Social
6:30 p.m. – Community Engagement Venue Get your camp shirt, ice cream and meet the staff.
Wednesday, May 20 – Kindergarten Mini Camp Day
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – JCC Pavilion | Incoming Kindergartners who have registered for a week or more of camp can see what it’s like!
Thursday, June 4 – All-Stars Basketball Awards
11:30 a.m. – JCC Basketball Gymnasium
Friday, June 12 – All-Stars Soccer Awards
11:45 a.m. – JCC Soccer Fields
Friday, June 12 – Dance Camp I Performance
11:45 a.m. – Community Engagement Venue
Thursday, June 25 – Family Night
New! 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. – JCC Pavilion For all campers and parents. Enjoy dinner and camp games!
Friday, June 26 – Cheer Camp Pep Rally
11:30 a.m. – JCC Basketball Gymnasium
Friday, July 3 – No Camp
Friday, July 10 – Musical Theater Camp Performance
3:30 p.m. – Community Engagement Venue
Friday, July 17 – Triple Threat Mini Triathlon
9:30 a.m. around the JCC Campus. (Time subject to change)
Friday, July 24 – Camp Talent Show
2:30 p.m. – Community Engagement Venue
Friday, July 31 – Dance Camp II Performance
11:45 a.m. – Community Engagement Venue
Registration Forms & Details
Member registration for Summer Camp will open at 9:00 a.m.on Monday, February 3rd.
Non Member registration will open at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 3rd.
All “early” registration rates expire April 6th, 2020.
- Current annual membership (on the date of registration through the camp term attending) is required to receive member pricing.
- One registration form per camper must be completed.
- In order for registration to be valid, ALL forms must be completed and accompanied by the appropriate deposit or payment and your account must be in good standing.
- When registering, please make sure you provide an up-to-date e-mail address, as you will receive important camp information this way. Closer to the start of Summer Camp, an Information Packet and Parent Manual will be distributed. These documents will go over camp programming in greater detail.
- Registrations are accepted through Sunday the week prior to the camp start date
- Camps fill quickly. To be guaranteed a spot, register as soon as possible.
Use the links below to download PDF files of the 2020 Summer Camp registration form.
Register for summer camp with any of the following options!
- By mail. Send completed forms and payment to:
Jewish Community Center of Omaha, Attn: JCC Registration, 333 South 132nd Street, Omaha, NE 68154
- By fax. Send your completed forms to (402) 334-6483
- Over the phone at (402) 334-6419
- In person. Drop off completed registration forms and payment to the Member Services Desk
- To complete an application, a $50 nonrefundable deposit per child for each week of camp is required at the time of registration.
- Deposits must be made by cash, check, or credit card.
- Payment plans are available if necessary. Participants are required to pay via automatic bank withdrawal or credit card.
- All camp fees must be paid in full by August 1, 2020.
- We do not offer prorated amounts for days missed.
- A $25 change fee is assessed for switching camps within one week of the camp start date.
- A family may be subject to a $25 fee if subsequent changes are made. Change fees and any additional costs should be paid in full at the time of the change.
- Adding a camp is not considered a change and families will NOT be assessed a fee.
- We will not change existing payment plans.
- Registration for Summer Fun Days & all camps will close one week before the start date.
- If registrations occurs within 1 week of the camp or program start date, the following late fees will be applied:
– Summer Fun Days: $20
– Week of Camp: $50
- Notify the JCC Program Account Coordinator, Johanna Berkey, in writing of cancellations. Written cancellations can be e-mailed to email@example.com.
- No pro-rated or full refunds shall be permitted if a camper leaves after the week of camp has started, but before the end of the session. This includes half day and before /after care add-ons.
- If a cancellation is made after you have already paid in full, your payment will be returned minus the $50 nonrefundable deposit.
Camp Financial Assistance Available
Financial assistance may be available through the Jewish Federation of Omaha. Financial Assistance recipients must be Jewish, but do not have to be members of the JCC. Applications required. Camp registration forms must also be submitted at this time. Application deadline is March 1, 2020.
To download an application, please visit:
For questions regarding financial assistance, please contact Diane Walker at (402) 334-6407 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Member Services: (402) 334-6426
Front Desk: (402) 334-8200
JCC EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
PROGRAMS FOR AGES 2-5
CDC Front Desk: (402) 334-6413
Director of Pennie Z. Davis CDC
Assistant Director of Pennie Z. Davis CDC
J CAMP, SUMMER FUN DAYS & PREMIERE YOUTH CAMPS
J Camp Director
Assistant Director of J Camp Programming
Assistant Director of J Camp Administration
PREMIERE DANCE & MUSICAL THEATER
Director of Dance & Cultural Arts
Assistant Director of Dance & Cultural Arts
PREMIERE SPORT CAMPS
Director of Athletic Programming
Assistant Director of Athletic Programming
SWIM & DIVE TEAM
Director of Aquatics
Assistant Director of Aquatics
Swim Lesson / Red Cross Coordinator
Director of Membership Services
Program Account Coordinator