THE ISRAEL EXPERIENCE GRANT
A Gift from the Jewish Federation of Omaha to Participate in a Peer Program in Israel
The Israel Experience Incentive Grant is a one-time grant from the Jewish Federation of Omaha for Jewish students in grades 9-12 or Jewish young adults ages 18 to 25 for an approved Israel experience. The grant may also be used for domestic airfare for participants in any Birthright Israel trip. Program coordination is through the Jewish Federation of Omaha.
The current program requirements include the following:
- $1,500, one-time grant plus $1,000 stipend for Omaha’s bi-annual community teen trip.
- The grant is available for Jewish students enrolled in grades 9-12 at the time of application for Jewish young adults ages 18 to 25. The program must be an Israel peer program approved by the Jewish Federation of Omaha. Programs must be educational in nature; for a peer group of young people; organized by a non-profit organization,educational or religious institution; staffed by qualified personnel; structured with a predetermined itinerary or curriculum.
- The family must be a contributor, in good standing, to the Annual Campaign of the Jewish Federation of Omaha.
- The family must be a resident of the Omaha metropolitan area.
- The applicant must provide an article and pictures of the experience within one month of return to Omaha for publication in the Jewish Press.
To apply for the Israel Experience Grant, complete this application in full.
Applications for Summer 2022 programs must be submitted by March 1, 2022.
For non-summer programs, applications are needed 30 days prior to program start date.
Payment of the grant is normally made directly to the program.
If you have already paid program costs in full, please provide a statement copy showing payment in full and you will be reimbursed directly.