Phased Reopening Plans
Phase 1 Details
• Limited Access: Phil Sokolof Fitness Center
• Summer Dance Classes (Starts June 15)
Phase 2 Details
Monday, June 22 – Sunday, June 28
Monday – Friday…….6:00 am – 7:00 pm
Saturday – Sunday…10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Monday, June 29 – Sunday, July 5
Mon, June 29 – Thurs, July 2…..5:00 am – 8:00 pm
Friday, July 3………5:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday, July 4……9:00 am – 5:00 pm – No July 4th Party
Sunday, July 5…… 7:30 am – 7:00 pm
The facility will only be open to those registered for in person dance classes. Limit of 8 students per studio. The entrance point for dance classes will be the south upstairs entrance, near Friedel.
What Will Be Available
Starting June 8th, the following areas will be accessible with limitations in place:
- Phil Sokolof Fitness Center
Some limitations apply. To adhere with social distancing protocol cardio and weight equipment will be staggered and have rotating use. Limited to 50% capacity.
- Fitness Center Walking Track
- Fitness Center Restrooms
- Dance Studios (starting June 15) – Open ONLY to those registered for in-person dance classes
What’s NOT Available
The following areas and programs will NOT be offered until further notice:
- All Indoor & Outdoor Pools (see Phase 3 details)
- Locker Rooms & Showers
- Family Changing Area
- Basketball Gymnasium & Raised Walking Track
- JFIT Studio
- Fitness Center Cubbies
- Charter Health Spa Lounge
- Spin Studio
- Main Front Entrance
Programs & Services
- Group Exercise Classes (virtual classes available)
- JFIT Classes
- Adult Drop-In Sports
- Fit & Sit
- Physical Therapy Services
- Massage Therapy Services
- Sale of Concessions & Coffee
If you have any questions, please contact Laura Wine, JCC Program Director, at email@example.com
• Goldstein Family Aquatic Complex (outdoor pool)
Phase 3 Details
Phase 3 include portions of the outdoor Goldstein Family Aquatic Center. We will be following the formal guidelines from state and local officials in regards to the functioning of swimming pools. We have been working hard to get the pools ready for you and developing the safest policies and procedures regarding social distancing in aquatic facilities.
What Will Be Available
Update: As of June 25th, the entire Goldstein Family Aquatic Center will be open. No reservations will be needed!
Starting June 15th, the following areas within the Goldstein Family Aquatic Center will be accessible with limitations in place. All Members MUST have a reservation.
Towel Service will NOT be available. Please bring your own towels
• Limited Basketball Gymnasium Hours
• Group Ex Classes
• Fit & Sit
• Locker Rooms
Phase 4 Details
Unless noted otherwise, Phase 4 / Summer Hours will begin July 6th. Included in Phase 4 are the items listed below.
Fitness Center Hours ((Beginning July 6)
Monday -Thursday……..5:00 am – 8:00 pm
Friday……………………… 5:00 am – 7:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday…….7:30 am – 7:00 pm
Entrance to the Fitness Center will only be allowed through Member Service Direct entrance
Goldstein Family Aquatic Center (Outdoor pool only)
- No towel service available at this time please bring your own.
- Water Fitness Classes will not be held at this time. They will be part of Phase 5 of re-opening.
- No guests allowed at this time.
- For full details, click here.
- There will be no water fitness equipment available (members may bring their own)
- Water walking will be held in the lazy river, no current running
- Access to the pool is only through the direct outdoor pool entrance. Membership card is needed to open gate. Entrance will close 30 minutes prior to pool closing.
Group Exercise Classes
- In person Group Ex classes will begin on July 6th.
- All participants will have a designated area taped off when participating in classes in the large group ex room. Gym classes will be asked to space themselves according to social distancing guidelines.
- There will be 36 classes available, Monday- Sunday.
- Due to limited capacity, reservations will be required for Group Ex classes.
- There will be a 20 person max for classes held in the gym. There will be a 14 person max for classes held in the large group ex studio. More information posted soon.
- We will continue to have 5 virtual classes on Facebook Live.
- We recommend bringing your mat for yoga, mat pilates and piyo classes.
- All participants will be asked to wipe down their equipment before and after class.
Fit N Sit
Three sessions of limited, morning Fit & Sit hours will be available, starting July 6th.
Hours will be available Monday – Sunday. Reservations are required.
Call Member Services to reserve a spot, 402.334.6426.
Each session will be 90 minutes long. Available times will be as follows:
Session I….8:00 am – 9:30 am
Session II….10:00 am -11:30 am
Session III….12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- There will be a 30 minutes cleaning session and toy rotation between each set of hours.
- Each session can have 20 children max (only 3 18 months and younger per session).
- To register for a session please contact MS up to one day in advance of the desired session.
- At this time, access to Fit n Sit is through the Member Services Entrance.
- Only one session per day per child
- Evening Fit & Sit is not available at this time
- Please have your child arrive freshly diapered and have recently used the restroom.
- Will we not be serving snacks at this time.
- Strollers will not be allowed to be parked in the fit n sit room.
- At this time we are limiting the amount of items brought from home, please bring only what is necessary.
- If you arrive after the start time of the session, you will still be required to pick up your child at the set end time to allow our staff to clean, sanitize and rotate toys for the next session.
Beginning July 6 the men’s and women’s locker rooms will be available (spaces designated as they were when our facility closed)
- Shower, restroom and lockers will be available.
- Towels for showers will be available.
- Please make sure you put all used towels in the towel drop after use.
Charter Health Spa Lounge
- This area will be open.
- Please bring your membership card to access this area.
- Only those that have purchased the charter health spa membership will have access to this area
Member Services Concessions
Bottled water will be available at the member services desk for purchase.
Limited open gym time will begin July 6th.
Monday – Thursday…..5:00 am – 8:00 am & 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Friday…..5:00 am – 8:00 am & 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday…..7:30 am – 7:00 pm
View the full schedule here.
- Bring your own basketball, we will not be providing them at this time.
- Men’s Pick Up Basketball will resume see full schedule.
- Drop-In Volleyball resumes July 11. It will be held Sundays, 9-11 a.m.
- Pickleball and table tennis will NOT be held at this time.
Court #2 will be available starting July 6th
Please bring your own equipment, we will not be providing any at this time.
To make a reservation, contact Member Services, 402.334.6426.
Monday -Thursday…..5:00 pm-8:00 pm
Friday……5:00 pm-7:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday…..7:30am – 7:00 pm
The mission of the Jewish Community Center of Omaha is to create a positive Jewish environment in which to build, strengthen, and preserve Jewish identity and traditions. The JCC reaches out to the Jewish community and provides its members with a unique opportunity to associate through a variety of social, cultural, recreational, educational and physical fitness programs, activities, and services.
Health & Well-Being
To provide facilities and programs that promote physical, social and emotional well-being.
To provide belonging, connectedness, and inclusiveness through programs and partnerships.
To provide the opportunity for personal growth and life-long learning.
To incorporate traditional Jewish morals and values to successfully meet our mission.