Our Commitment to Your Well-being
The health and well-being of our Members and guests have always been of the utmost importance. As we proceed with a phased re-opening, we will be following state and local guidelines to continue our commitment to cleanliness and the community. The J requests that everyone within our facility carefully follow the guidelines set forth to help keep our community as safe and healthy as possible.
Click the grey bar below to see the latest Membership information. Past communications on covid related Membership protocol can be found on the announcements page.
July Membership Information
All Memberships will be automatically re-activated July 1st. Membership fees will begin again on the 5th of the month.
Set summer hours will be in effect as of July 6th. Please click here for the amenities re-opening throughout July. Our hours current hours are listed here.
Questions regarding your monthly payment?
Please contact Meg Bearman, Membership Account Coordinator, at (402) 334-6452 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions regarding program registration?
Please contact Johanna Berkey, Program Account Coordinator, (402) 334-6419 or jberkey @jccomaha.org
Member Services can assist you with all other facility and membership details. They can be reached at (402) 334-6426.
We thank you for your patience and your patronage.
June Membership Information
Although we are beginning to re-open the JCC in phases, we will not be charging a membership fee until July 1st, 2020.
If you have questions on your Membership, please visit our FAQ page or call Member Services at (402) 334-6426.
Reopening Phases Underway
More information on our reopening phases can be found here.
Know Before You Go
Current as of 7/6/20
GOLDSTEIN FAMILY AQUATIC CENTER
- All members using the outdoor pool MUST use the direct outdoor aquatic center entrance. Members will not be allowed to enter or exit through the Fitness Center.
- All members MUST bring their Membership ID card to gain access to the facility.
- Reservations are required for open family swim hours. Learn more here.
- There is NO towel service at the pool, so please bring your own.
- Please review our aquatic polices here. For a listing of hours, click here.
- At this time, no guests allowed.
- Lap swim is open to Members, ages 13 or older.
- Only the outdoor lap pool is available during lap swim hours. Lap swim hours are for lap swim and water walking ONLY. Open family swim is not allowed during this time.
- Water walking will be allowed in the lazy river during Lap Swim hours only. The current in the lazy river will not be turned on.
- Lap swimming will be in the outdoor lap pool only. In case of inclement weather, lap swimming will be cancelled.
- There will be no water fitness equipment (kick boards, flippers, etc) available for lap swim. You may bring your own if needed. Please label your items.
Open Family Swim
- Reservations are required for open family swim hours. Learn more here.
- Only the outdoor lap pool and splash pad will be available during open family swim hours. All water features are CLOSED.
- Dedicated lap lanes will NOT be available during open family swim hours.
- Open Family Swim is available to Members of all ages. Children MUST have an adult with them. No guests are allowed at this time.
- Kids, ages 11 & under, will be swim tested and issued a wrist band.
- When in the water all children age 5 & under, or those with red swim bands MUST be within arm’s reach of an adult at all times.
- Limited concessions may be available. Outside food and drink is not allowed.
- There is NO towel service at this time. Please bring your own.
- Outside equipment (inflatables, rafts, etc) is NOT allowed during open family swim.
- All hours are weather permitting.
PHIL SOKOLOF FITNESS CENTER
- Only Members, ages 16+ can use the Fitness Center. Guests are not allowed.
- Patrons of the Fitness Center MUST enter the facility through the main Member Services Entrance (east side).
- All members MUST bring their Membership ID cards to gain access to the facility.
- Full locker room use will be available starting July 6th. (locations are as they were before the closure)
- Limited in-person Group Exercise classes will resume July 6th. Reservations are required. Classes can also still be found on the Virtual J.
- Limited morning hours of Fit & Sit will be available starting July 6th. Reservations are required.
- All high touch surfaces will be cleaned frequently, but we still ask that you wipe down all equipment before and after use.
- Please try to limit the amount of personal items you bring into the Fitness Center. You must keep all personal items with you or in a locker. We will no longer hold personal items at the Member Services Desk. Please plan accordingly.
- Towel service will be available in the Fitness Center. Small hand towels will be provided. Members are not allowed to bring in their own towels.
- The drinking fountains will not be available, but the bottle fillers will be.
- We strongly encourage mask use at all times before and after your workout. You do not have to wear a mask during your workout.
- We have several hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility. Please use them!
Other Areas & Services
- Limited open hours for the basketball gymnasium will begin July 6th.
- Racquetball, Men’s Pickup Basketball and Drop-in Volleyball will resume in July. Members will need to bring their own equipment. Pickleball will not be held until further notice.
- The front (upstairs) entrance is not open. The only access point for members is through the main Member Services entrance.
Questions? Check out our FAQ page for more information!
What You Can Expect From Us
Current as of 6/3/2020
It is mandatory that all JCC staff members wear face masks when building common areas and interacting with others.
We will enforce strict limits on the number of individuals allowed in the facility at once. Capacity limits will be based on the size of the room being used. We will observe the temporary closure of certain areas within the building where social distancing is difficult to maintain.
To practice safe social distancing, we will be enforcing a strict limit on the number of individuals in the facility at one time. Staff will do their best to maintain the 6′ distance between themselves an others.
Clear plexiglass sneeze guards have been installed at the Member Services Desk and additional hand sanitizing stations placed at facility entrances and throughout the building.
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
Our enhanced cleaning protocols include
• Machines and high-touch surfaces are sanitized frequently.
• Nightly deep cleaning and sanitizing of all equipment.
• Additional and routine training with all staff in regards to proper cleaning and sanitation techniques.
We have posted signage to provide additional directions, spacing distances, protocols, etc. where needed.
Daily Health Screening for Staff
Each day all staff will be required to take their temperature and answer a series of covid related health screening questions before they enter the facility. If feeling ill staff will stay home.
New Fitness Center Protocol
• We will stagger the use of cardio equipment to every other machine.Use will be rotated each hour.
• We have move equipment to new areas to allow for social distancing.
• No “hands-on” Personal Training to adjust form or posture, and training sessions will take place in the personal training studio, JFIT studio or group exercise rooms.
• Sanitizing stations have been place throughout the fitness center floor with sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer.
What We Ask of You
Current as of 7/6/2020
What We Ask of You
We are doing our very best to keep all of our members and staff safe. We kindly ask your participation in helping us achieve this goal by observing the updated Member Code of Conduct. Please carefully follow these guidelines to help keep the facilities and the entire community as safe and healthy as possible:
If Needed, Reserve A Time: Members must reserve spots for certain programs and services. Things currently requiring reservations are:
– Open Family Swim Time. Reservations can be made here.For all aquatic reservations: Please bring your confirmation email (the one with the QR code) when checking in. Confirmation emails are accepted via your smart phone or as a printed out copy. Guests are not allowed at this time.
– In-Person Group Exercise Classes. Reservations can be made through the live schedule or on the Omaha JCC app.
– Fit & Sit. Reservations can be made by calling (402) 334-6426.
Check In: All Members MUST bring their Membership ID card to access the facility. Members will be asked a series of covid related questions when entering the facility. Please answer honestly and to the best of your ability. If you are not feeling well, stay home. If applicable, Members may also need to sign a waiver before entering our facility.
Use Designated Entrances & Exits: Members coming to use the Fitness Center or gymnasium MUST use the main Member Services entrance. This is the only access point to the Fitness Center. Members coming to use the pool MUST use the direct entrance to the outdoor pool. Access to and from the pool via the Fitness Center will NOT be allowed. Please follow designated signage for the entrance and exit of rooms within the facility.
Limit Personal Items: Please try to limit personal items you bring with you. For those using the Fitness Center, lockers will be available as of July 6th. We will NO LONGER HOLD PERSONAL ITEMS AT THE DESK. Please plan accordingly.
Social Distance: We will follow the 6′ social distancing protocols as recommended by national and local government agencies. Please do your best to maintain a 6′ distance between yourself and others when in our facility.
Wear a Mask: All Members and participants are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask when possible. Members do not have to wear a mask when working out or swimming, but we do recommend wear a mask at all other times.
Clean Your Equipment: Please continue to wipe down any Fitness Center equipment you use. We ask that you wipe down machines and other high touch surfaces BEFORE and AFTER use, using the sanitation supplies provided.
Practice Hand Hygiene: We encourage frequent hand washing and sanitation. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and sanitize hands using the stations located throughout the facility.
Stay in Permitted Areas: Please refrain from entering areas of the facility that are not currently open
Mind Your Health: Take your temperature frequently; if you are running a temperature, exhibiting flu-like symptoms, have been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19, or generally not feeling well, please stay home and use the Virtual J.
As a valued and loyal J Member, please take the health and safety of others to heart. The J reserves the right to suspend the membership for anyone flagrantly disregarding these guidelines.
According to the CDC guidelines, older adults and people who have severe underlying medical conditions, like heart or lung disease or diabetes, may be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness. If you fall into one of these categories, it is recommended you stay home if possible or take extra safety precautions to reduce your risk of getting sick.
Health & Safety Protocol
In addition to following the State of Nebraska Health Department, Douglas County, and the Centers for Disease Control guidelines, The J is implementing extra precautions to help our community stay safe and healthy. This includes extensive cleaning protocols and social distancing practices within each of our classes, programs, and facility areas.
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
– Machines, bathrooms, showers, and other high-touch surfaces are sanitized frequently throughout the day
– Nightly deep cleaning and sanitizing of all equipment
– Additional and routine training with all staff with regard to proper cleaning and sanitation techniques
– “All hands on deck” approach to cleaning with staff from multiple departments assisting with sanitization throughout the day
– All provided towels washed with bleach
– Increased sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the facility
– Cleaning inspections performed multiple times daily to ensure facilities are maintained at the highest possible level
– All staff wear masks unless they are actively training members
– All showers will be equipped with convenient sanitizing spray in case members would like to spray down shower fixtures before use
Safety measures that are being taken:
– Mandatory face masks for staff in building common areas.
– Sneeze guards have been installed at the Member Services Desk.
– We are strictly adhering to limits on the number of individuals entering the facility, based on capacity guidelines by the state government.
– We have implemented the temporary closure of certain areas within the building where social distancing is difficult to maintain.
– Staff is required to wear a mask when working closely with others, take their temperatures daily, and stay home if ill.
– All Members are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask during the check-in process, before their workout, after their workout, and when exiting the facility.
– We are observing enhanced cleaning protocols, but still ask that members also wipe down all equipment, machines, and other surfaces BEFORE and AFTER use using the cleaning supplies provided.
– We encourage frequent hand washing.
– We have additional hand sanitation stations throughout the facility. Please use them.
For more information on our Reopening Phases, click here.
Please remember all dates and programs are tentative and subject to change.
Have a question? Check out our FAQ page!
Click here to see our past email announcements.
The mission of the Jewish Community Center of Omaha is to create a positive Jewish environment in which to build, strengthen, and preserve Jewish identity and traditions. The JCC reaches out to the Jewish community and provides its members with a unique opportunity to associate through a variety of social, cultural, recreational, educational and physical fitness programs, activities, and services.
Health & Well-Being
To provide facilities and programs that promote physical, social and emotional well-being.
To provide belonging, connectedness, and inclusiveness through programs and partnerships.
To provide the opportunity for personal growth and life-long learning.
To incorporate traditional Jewish morals and values to successfully meet our mission.